1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart prob with Denon 2200.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Fingolfin, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone!
    I've recently got a Denon dvd-2200 dvd player.
    I'm satisfied with the quality of the machine but I have a problem when I connect it to my tv via Scart cable in RGB mode. The colours are all washed out like if the brightness was set to the max. I tried to see the settings for picture but everything is normal and I noticed also that if i try and change the brightness level nothing happens!
    It can't be my tv or the cable 'cause everything works fine with my previous dvd player and my dvd recorder. I've tried everything but I can't find what the problem might be! In s-video and component the player works perfectly.
    Anyone who's got the 2200 already could please give me some support on this topic or tell me if he's got the same prob?

Thanks in advance!

Fingolfin

2. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Fingolfin,

It really is worth trying everything you can to illiminate all the other possibilites so I would try a different scart lead with the Denon first of all to see if the problem is still there, if no then it's probably your lead, if yes then try connecting it to a different scart input on your TV (if it has more than 1 of course), if the problem is gone then there's most likely a problem with the TV's first scart socket that the Denon is showing up, if the problem is still there then I would say that the problem lies with the Denon's RGB output and if nobody else on here comes forward with the same problem then I'm afraid you'll probably have to see about getting it replaced...

3. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Sounds like a duff RGB output or an incompatability between the player and your TV.

It does happen as I found out with my DVD-3800 and 32PF10 TV -luckily it ended up being a fault with the TV which I could sort by reconfiguring the TV service menu...

Good luck - if in doubt, get it replaced ;)

JJ

4. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello and thanks for your reply!
    Sorry for the late reply!
    I've been trying everything to make it work. I connected it to my Panasonic vpj via Scart but I get the same problem!
    I guess my dvd player is faulty! Tomorrow I'll try and contact Denon to see what they say even if being this player so new, I doubt they can be of any help!

Thanks for your interest anyway!

Fingolfin