• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

scart > phono (audio)

mcbunny

Established Member
im after a nice quality scart > phono audio cable to take the tv sound to a stereo amp
dont want to pay over the odds for it really

tv is a lg 37lg600 amp is CA 640A V2

MarkE19

I assume that as you want a scart to phono cable your TV does not have phono audio outputs on the rear. If it does then just use them, but if not make sure that at least one of the scarts is wired to output the audio, as many TV's will have input only connections on scart.
If you do have a scart output on the TV then you can use a lead such as This and just leave the composite video phono unconnected. Or a cheaper option would be a scart adapter such as This and any spare stereo phono lead you have.

With any scart to phono connection make sure the scart is either switchable or is wired in the correct direction. This type of cable is directional and if you get it wrong you will get no signal to the amp.

Mark.

mcbunny

Established Member
ben.bayliss is making me one now :D

the tv doesnt have audio out from either phono's or 3.5mm jack and yes the scart 2 is wired for output i tried it with an old cable last night :)

thank you for your help anyway :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom