Scart out on V-Box when using HDMi

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Plasmoo, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Plasmoo

Plasmoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    When my V-box was connected to my old CRT before I got my Plasma I connected it all using scart cable & was able to record directly from the V-box out, bottom scart, into my DVD recorder in. Now I have the V-box connected to my TV via HDMi cable & also my DVD recorder the V-box no longer allows me to record from the bottom scart directly into my DVD.

Virgin have told me that when the V-box is switched over to HDMi in the menue the scart out no longer works but will work if I go to the V-box recordings & select "Copy to DVD" it will record from the scart out to my DVD.

Is this the way the it all works or should I be able to record live TV using the scart into my dvd recorder even when the box is set to hdmi output ??

Hope that makes sence

Cheers

2. RICARDOMINSKI

RICARDOMINSKI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    As far as I know you can't record 'live' from the v+ box to your dvd recorder when using the HDMI feed to the tv as the scart output is disabled. As they say you can output to the recorder from the scart when using HDMI if you use the 'copy to vcr/dvd' option - this in some way must re-enable the scart output even though your using the HDMI ouput via the v+ box software. In essence you either have to tape the show/event to the v+ then use the 'copy to dvd' option (you can still watch other shows while doing this) or turn off the HDMI feed and this will enable the scart ouput to tv/dvd recorder so you can record on dvd the show/event live. Hope this helps.:)

3. Plasmoo

Plasmoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi & thanks that is really a big help as I have been scratching my head & swapping scart cables etc trying to work it out. I am afraid that the Virgin help line in India made matters worse because they did not understand what I was talking about but just told me to contact Samsung because the DVD was faulty not the V-box. All they had to say was I don't know the answer & that would have saved me loads of trouble as I took the DVD back to comet & swapped it for another when all the time all I needed was the answer you have given me which exsplains everything.

Thanks again

:thumbsup: