Scart or S-Video?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by monkeyWRENCH, Jan 6, 2002.

1. monkeyWRENCH

monkeyWRENCH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Just bought a Sony DVPNS700 player. I am currently using a scart connection. The bloke in the shop told me that if I use a "good" S-video cable, I will notice a huge difference in picture quality.

Which is better, Scart or S-video?

Thanks.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    RGB is normally agreed to be the best quality video output and this is only available through a fully wired scart.

Buy a reasonable quality scart lead which is a great improvement on the freebies that come with the players.

3. monkeyWRENCH

monkeyWRENCH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Thanks for the reply.

Ho much should I pay for a "reasonable quality scart lead"? Where is the best place to get them?

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try a fully wired 21 pin QED Sqart from www.hifibitz.co.uk for £42.99 inclusive. you could get an rgb specific one (i.e. where only the necessary rgb pins are wired up) for the same price, but then u could only use this for rgb signals, limiting the reusability.

5. DaveW01

DaveW01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Empire Direct are currently offering the QED Scart - Scart AV4110 (1 metre RGB only) and AV2110 (1 m fully wired) each at £34.02 + £4.95 delivery. The delivery charge covers the total cable order irrespective of the number of items on an order (other sometimes charge per item).

Dave