1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart or S-Video

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Weggie, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Weggie

Weggie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Hi,

I have just recently sold 3x IXOS AV138 (silver plated - now called the XHT801) cables as they were too long for me (3m).

I was thinking about buying one of the following or a combination of all three as I need to connect a Sky box and 2x DVD players to my TV.

I was thinking about getting a QED P2110 for 1x DVD Player and the Sky box (or the AV21 as it has the scart plug is better) and I can also get a good deal on more IXOS XHT801 1.5m cables. What would you recommend? The AV21 has the best plug, but the P2110 is flat cable but the socket is not as good. The IXOS is a good cable but I fancy a change.

On my last DVD player, I was thinking about a RGB only cable like the QED AV41 or perhaps the Mark Grant S-Video cable. For the sound on this player, I am already using a Mark Grant Digital Co-ax. What is the better cable and will give the best results between RGB and S-Video? The one thing that puts me off S-Video is that the port is on the front of my TV and not as the back.

Any advice particularly on the last question will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    scart RGB should out perform S-video unless you have a panny PD30/50 TV or other TV that deals better with S-video than RGB (S-video can be carried by a fully wired scart cable to a suitable scart input)

3. Weggie

Weggie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Great, thanks for the info.