Scart or rgb to sky SD

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by welsh-andy, Aug 31, 2007.

1. welsh-andy

welsh-andy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    got some what i think is scart interference on my new philips 9632 lcd,so thought i upgrade my cheapo scart cables,to see if thats my prob as pic via xbox360 is amazing and no sign of any interfernce there.but on sky and other soarce,namely dvd there is def interence.
    now i dont want to spend the earth,bout £20 each i would say, and would it be better to buy RGB only,but i guess i would need a audio setup as they all say "Picture only"

ones ive come across are, Ixos,Qed and thor. ideally like to get from shop like maplins or richer sounds as they aint to far from me,saves waiting for deleivery,although i dont mind waiting if its a gd deal:D
    any help is grateful as its a minefield out there and i aint got a clue:rotfl::rotfl:

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,367
    You can get quality cables from here, FAR cheaper than Maplins, Curry's or Comets, you do not need RGB cables to get RGB. http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/XHT251-150.html
    Also check that your picture settings on the SKY box are as follows. 16:9 not 4:3 and RGB not PAL (Composite). On your DVD player also check it is set to 16:9 and RGB out, you can do this before getting the new cables. The important thing is to make sure the SCART cables connect to a RGB enabled socket on the LCD.
    Or to get a better picture from DVD look at http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/572304/art/samsung/dvd-1080p7-dvd-player.html

3. welsh-andy

welsh-andy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    cheers for the info,will have a gd look at my settings as didnt have time yesterday,and if same will either buy the above lead or the thor one as both wivin £20:smashin:

4. welsh-andy

welsh-andy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    right i played with sky settings and is better,not 100% for sure,so i guess its either cheapo scart or the socket, gona order a better one now