Scart Or Component

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rammy, May 10, 2005.

1. rammy

rammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I Just Bought A Dvd Player Denon 500st, They Told Me In The Shop To Buy Monster Component Leads, So I Did Which Is Fine, Then I Tries A Normal £10 Scart Lead And The Picture Seems Alot Smoother I Spent A Lot Of Money On These Component Leads, Any Advice Will Be Helpful. Also Can Anyone Tell Me What The Progressive Scan Does Once Switched On, Thanks

2. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Are you hooking it up to a component display?

If SCART gives a better picture, my guess is you may have used the 3 component cables (YUV) as composite video, audio L, audio R....which is the worst possible way to set it up after a UHF aerial-cable and a complete waste of good money on component cables.

Basically, on the back on the DVD player you should have a number of phono-sockets.......the component ones will be coloured red, green and blue......the composite video is usually yellow, L and R audio are white and red.

Progressive scan basically de-interlaces the picture.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    A standard TV picture is interlaced. This means that it takes 2 passes for the whole screen to be refreshed. First pass updates lines 1, 3, 5 ,7 etc and the second 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.
    A DVD player that can output a progrssive scan picture updates the whole screen on each pass.

Mark.

4. Darko

Darko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Sorry to butt in but Mark you made that sound so simple I never realized that that was the deal with progressive scan, I was always wondering wat the difference was but was a bit shy to ask because I would look like a noob

Cheers Bud

Darko