Scart mystery

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by greenthumb, Aug 1, 2002.

1. greenthumb

greenthumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all just got my spanking new Philips 9527 (philips tube:p ). Picture is lovely and sounds pretty good too.
    I have a problem with the ext1 socket. When using my QED sqart lead I cannot get a signal on the ext1 with neither sat. or vcr. However it works fine on ext2 and ext3. Now initially I thought dodgy socket, but trying a cheapo 99p scart it worked fine on all three sockets. Incidentally the 99p scart fits better than the bloody QEd one.
    Can anyone tell me what the bloody hell is going on? The socket must be fine, the qed scart works in the other 2 sockets so you would think that was fine too.:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is QED SQART RGB only?

Is Philips Ext1 RGB capable?

Cheapo SCART is probably fully wired so will carry composite signal which is probably working on Ext1 OK whereas RGB is not.

Just an idea.

3. greenthumb

greenthumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Qed is fully wired. Ext1 socket is rgb and cvbs ext3 is also rgb and cvbs yet it works on 3 not on 1..???????

4. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    RGB sqart still has composite 'connected' as this contains the sync signal. (wouldn't get any audio though!)

5. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi,

I can't think of any reason why the QED cables doesn't work - they've got a rather good reputation. Do you get any picture at all on EXT 1??

What are your sources??

ATB,

J.

6. greenthumb

greenthumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The ext1 socket works with cheapo scart. Ive tried it with a sat. and vcr and the qed only works on 2 and 3