Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Scart Leads

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Spursman, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Spursman

Spursman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi,

How can you tell the difference between a rgb scart lead and a normal scart lead?

i have got the origional scart lead for the PS2 is this RGB??

Thanks

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,488
    The official playstation scart lead is RGB (Playstation connector to SCART plug).
    The one bundled with the console that ends in red, white and yellow phono plugs and goes into an adapter is not.
    I use a £5 logic3 PS2 SCART lead which is RGB and works well.

An RGB SCART lead will (normally) have wires connecting all 21 pins together. If you look at the connector and there are only a few pins on the plug then it's almost certainly not. If you unscrew the barrel and there aren't red, green and blue connecting wires or there aren't wires to all pins then it's almost certainly not.

The exception are expensive 'RGB only' leads that don't contain connections for audio or return paths for video - supposedly to reduce interference on the main signal. Never used or seen one so I've no idea if they're any good but I don't spend £30 to connect an £80 DVD player :)