1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart Leads with Gold Connectors Yes or No

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by craigsomers, Feb 4, 2005.

1. craigsomers

craigsomers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been told today by electronics techy , that unless both pieces of your equipment have gold connectors on it, that it is pointless buying a gold connector scart lead, and that it is best to buy a standard silver fitting scart (all be it a good quality shielded one).

Has anybody else got any info on this, and has anybody found a place to buy a standard fitting but good quality scart.

Cheers

Craig :beer: :lesson:

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've used an Ixos SCART cable. I think it's got gold connectors on but can't be sure. Gave a good solid image from what I saw and that's over 5m. Paid about £25 for it from hificables I think it was.

I think unless you're getting into top end AV stuff, expensive cables are a little wasted. I don't know what your system is but personally I would spend a bit of money on the cables but not going OTT. Getting down to whether to have Gold or Silver connections isn't really at the top of my worry list.

Could be wrong though !

Richie.

3. MickyGee

MickyGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Top tip for SCARTs go for individual screened cores, and high copper OFC (Oxide Free Cable). Gold plating just means less likelihood of oxidation and therefore longer lasting.

CPC.co.uk sell 2m cables of this spec for about £15.