Scart Leads Advice

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by robsyme, Feb 20, 2005.

1. robsyme

robsyme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have only basic scart leads connecting my digibox and dvd to my TV. I'm not totally happy with the picture quality. Will a more expensive Scart make any difference to the quality or is it just a marketing ploy? Also could anyone advice as the a decent reasonably priced scart.

I'm sorry for sounding a little naive, but I'm a bit thick when it comes to these things, so your expert advice would be really helpful.

:confused:

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    Firstly, ensure your system is set-up correctly to start with. Is your digi-box set to output RGB, and are you routing rgb into the correct scart input on the tv ?

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +898
    My experience is that it certainly does make a difference but not an amazing one. IXOS and QED both make decent middle of the road cables and can be picked up from most hi-fi stores or online.

As lynx says, making sure you have the digi-box to RGB (& widescreen if appropriate) and that the scart cable from the digibox is going to an RGB enabled scart socket on your TV will have a much more profound effect.