1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart Leads Advice

Discussion in 'TVs' started by robsyme, Feb 20, 2005.

1. robsyme

robsyme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have only basic scart leads connecting my digibox and dvd to my TV. I'm not totally happy with the picture quality. Will a more expensive Scart make any difference to the quality or is it just a marketing ploy? Also could anyone advice as the a decent reasonably priced scart.

I'm sorry for sounding a little naive, but I'm a bit thick when it comes to these things, so your expert advice would be really helpful.

:confused:

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Firstly, ensure your system is set-up correctly to start with. Is your digi-box set to output RGB, and are you routing rgb into the correct scart input on the tv ?

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    My experience is that it certainly does make a difference but not an amazing one. IXOS and QED both make decent middle of the road cables and can be picked up from most hi-fi stores or online.

As lynx says, making sure you have the digi-box to RGB (& widescreen if appropriate) and that the scart cable from the digibox is going to an RGB enabled scart socket on your TV will have a much more profound effect.