1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart lead which blocks copy protection for DVD70R

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by greg_1979, Jan 24, 2005.

1. greg_1979

greg_1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, bit of advice required if you'd be so bold...

I have a Philips DVDR70 (DVD recorder) and a Toshiba SD???E (player, can't remember digits) and I want to get hold of one of those special scart leads that blocks the copy protection signal?

Can someone point me in the right direction for one of these and also confirm that it will definitely work with this set up? Maybe someone who has specifially tested one of these leads on a DVDR70 could let me know for sure? At the moment, I press play on the player and record on the recorder and the recorder displays the message on the LED screen saying "Copy Protected".

Hope someone can help me!!

Cheers

G

2. ColonelK

ColonelK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I don't think people are allowed to share info on Copyright circumvention.

Google is your friend...

3. ivanwilson

ivanwilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think such leads only remove Macrovision (flashing screen) protection. I think that DVD's also have another means of protection (CPRM?) which means that in theory you cannot copy using this method; and your recorder will not allow you to go into record mode.

4. greg_1979

greg_1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okey dokey. Does anyone know if these scart leads only removes the Macrovision protection or are there any that can remove this other form of protection mentioned in the thread above?

If not, are there any other methods of "tricking" the recorder into ignoring the copy protection signal from the original DVD? Or a code?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

5. ibrox50

ibrox50
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    try www.sonel.com they will sell you a scart for about £25 handy for making backups

6. greg_1979

greg_1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool. Thanks for the link. However, do you know if this only removes Macrovision or does this allow me to make back-up's onto my Philips DVD Recorder of pretty much any DVD (which is what I'm after)?

7. Dickdastardly

Dickdastardly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try http://www.ktvision.com/ . Some info there, and a contact E mail for specific advice ( apparently anyway, so I've heard - not that I would be involved with stuff like that :nono: )