1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart, E55 & Freeview

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bimbo1973, Sep 21, 2004.

1. bimbo1973

bimbo1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

Apologies for a subject that seems to have been flogged to death, but after having read the posts in this forum I am still non the wiser.

I have a TV with 2 scarts (only), an E55 with 2 scarts and a freeview box with 1 scart. The connections are as follows:

Freeview (Scart RGB) --> E55 (AV2 RGB)
    E55 (AV1 RGB) --> TV (AV1 RGB)

I can watch freeview on AV2 on the E55, or when it is in standby.

How can I watch freeview whilst recording on the E55 from analogue terrestial?

For example, I may be recording something on ITV1 when wanting to watch ITV2 etc (or price-drop tv :laugh: ).

Many thanks in anticipation :smashin:

2. apreading

apreading

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    You will need to either split the output from the Freeview box so that it also feeds the second scart on the TV, or use the aerial connection (if the freeview box has one) for viewing on these occasions.

3. bimbo1973

bimbo1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will there be a degradation in picture quality if I split the scart output? (Apart from the rgb issue)
    Does such a beastie exist: 1 scart input to two outputs?

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    It will degrade if you split the scart signal. You'll need an amplified scart splitter to maintain quality.

Better still, does your freeview stb have two scarts? If so use this one to go into the second scart on the TV.

5. bimbo1973

bimbo1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thnay seems to be the crux of the problem. I have a daewoo freeview box, and it only has one scart output.

It looks like i'll be watch rf out tv when recording on the dvd.

There's no way she'll :devil: let me have another box in the corner.