Scart Distribution for Sky+?

G

garrad

I'm having a couple cables run round my house so I am taking the oppertunity to get my Sky+ into all my rooms.

I am putting Sky from the Living room to the two bedrooms, study and the kitchen.

Getting Sky into one bedroom, the study and the kitchen is no problem as I am going to use a loft box coax distributor.

I am having a built in wardrobe put into my bedroom and having an LCD tv integrated into the that. Since it is widescreen I would like to take advantage of the Sky scart widescreen signal to keep the correct aspect ratio. Also I want the RGB scart signal too :D

I was going to get the JS Technology Active VIDEO Buffer Version 2 to split the scart signal into two from the Sky + box.

But I have no idea on how to run around 10 - 20 metres of scart cable between the living room and the bedroom.

Does anyone have any solutions to pass the full RGB scart signal between the rooms.

:lease:

G

garrad

BUMP,

Anyone? I've searched the site and found very little about this.

L

loadsofleads

Hi garrad, Supra sell scart cables off the reel but 10-20 meters is a very long run for RGB !! I could have a chat with the Supra rep and get back to you if you wish. :thumbsup:

G

garrad

Yeah it's a long way, too long I fear.

I was wondering if there is something like RGB scart to CAT5 maybe so I could run two cat 5 cables instead of a scart cable.

No idea though.

L

loadsofleads

Hmmm, I fear the best you will get at that length is composite :rolleyes:

rowlandhills

G

garrad

What I am really looking for is to pass the screen format signal, so passing a SVideo signal and the widescreen signal would be ideal (since RGB scart will not work over that distance).

Still no solution that is perfect, the Kat5 is like £200 :eek:

Trending threads

Top Bottom