1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart cabling query/nightmare!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by stevem999, Apr 30, 2004.

1. stevem999

stevem999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cor blimey governor, what a pickle - can anyone help me with a connection jungle?? Here's what I have, and below that is what I would like:

Here are my 'appliances' and their available scart connections:

Sky+ has -> VCR Scart + TV Scart

VCR has -> Scart ‘in’ only + Scart in/out

DVD Player has -> Scart out

TV has 2 scart sockets, one autoswitches the TV to AV channel on playing video etc, don’t think the other one does (it’s an old telly) and as far as I can tell one is RGB compatible

Will use RF/Channel 6 on Sky as well for kiddywinks but that’s really immaterial to this question. My needs are as follows:

Want to archive Sky+ recordings onto VCR via Scart
    Want to record Sky programmes onto VCR via Scart (obviously only one programme at a time)
    Want to play DVD’s on TV via Scart
    Want to play VCR on TV via Scart
    Want to watch Sky+ on TV via Scart

My VCR manual says I have to have RF connected as well as Scart – is this correct? It also says that to connect the Sky box, VCR and TV together I need a chain of three scarts between everything, not just one out of the Sky, into the video then another out of the video into the TV which seems a bit weird.

Can anyone assist me with the easiest way to connect all this without creating a gaggle of cables? Am I asking too much or do I need a switch box or something - trying to avoid this as not 'wife-approved!!

Any assistance greatly appreicated.