1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scart cables

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by bob1, Jan 25, 2003.

1. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Hello i'm going to make me own scart lead it needs to be 7m long anyone made any before.I have seen some cable in maplins but i'm after some decent plugs any tips would be helpful.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Why not just order one from www.lektropacks.co.uk scart plugs are £3.85 each bent or straight and the cable is£4.50 a metre for up to 20m
    Thats nearly £40 quid before P&P so why not get them to make it unless you want to do a lot of fiddly soldering!
    For £47 they will make it for you!!!!! go to prolink range, £28.85 for 1m and £3.00 per m after that

3. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Thanks for that i was only hoping to spend about £20 times are hard and friends are few;)

4. Kearney

Kearney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The Scart plugs from lektropaks are very good quality and I would recommend them, however decent scart cable can be bought cheaper elsewhere as lektropaks are very pricey for only modest cable.

One slight word of warning is soldering a fully wired scart is very tricky and I have failed on many occassions no matter how carefully i prepare each wire length etc, but don't let me put you off try for yourself and tell us what you found :)

5. banners

banners

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I'll back lektropacks scarts. I also found that the pins can be ejected from the plug (stick a small screwdriver in the front!). It makes soldering much simpler, then once done re-assemble.
    Good luck!

cheers steve