1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart Cables

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Midge, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Midge

Midge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just a quick question, and was hoping to get an answer here before taking a wander in the pouring rain to the various electrical stores.

Cable box to TV is already linked via a scart lead I bought from John Lewis for £15. What I want to know is if I purchase, and spend a bit more on another lead, if there is no noticable difference, can I return it on the basis that I just don't want it? Stupid question I know, but don't want to spend x amount and then be stuck with another lead that I didn't need.

Thanks

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IMO - If your not suffering from crosstalk/interference from other channels then keep the one you have. ;)

3. Midge

Midge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Not getting any problems, but just trying to get the best picture poss. You don't think it's worth bothering changing then??

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Better SCARTs **may** make a difference.

To try, just buy some nice IXOS 126AV from the dreaded Dixons... they have a 14-day refund/exchange policy for items returned "as new". ;)

5. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    More than any other cables I've come across, it is SCART leads that do show very noticeable differences... not surprisingly, the more you spend, the better picture they offer.

I just sold an Ecosse Armageddon on eBay for a bargain price, that Scart outperforms anything I've seen from Ixos and the like. That said, it was over £70 new.

I'm currently using an RGB only (well worth cutting out the audio and switching elements) Supra AV6 which achieves a stunning image from Sky digital.

Think about how much you spend on your TV and DVD player combined and then honestly yourself ask whether £30 is the most you can justify to connect them...