• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SCART AV breakout adapter

fallenangle

Established Member
I've had problems with with some games consoles' (PS/PSOne/Dreamcast) RGB SCART cables with integrated AV blocks when connected to an amp. I'm getting some minor visual interference - mild diagonal herringbones.

Thing is I found that this doesn't occur when I use a bog standard RGB SCART with the one B-Tech SCART 'through' adapter with in/out AV breakout sockets I have. This has the big advantage over most such adapters in that it comes with a short length of decent quality RGB SCART cabling of its own.

Problem is that now Lektropacks, where I bought it several years ago, don't stock them or anything similar and nobody else seems to either.

Anybody know where I can get one or something similar? I don't want a switchable multi-SCART block with AV out sockets I just want a simple one to one SCART breakout adapter but with SCART cable.

If not which of the several different makes of SCART coupler plugs with breakout options like Philips/Skytronics/Philex etc is worth considering?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom