Scart auto switch pin

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by m455954, Jan 12, 2003.

1. m455954

m455954

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi,

I switch all my AV kit through my amp via S-Video. This makes it much simpler for my wife/kids to switch between kit as audio and video switch simultaneously, and I'm happy to take the slight hit on picture quality compared to RGB/Component for an easy life.

I don't have an analogue TV aerial, all broadcast TV viewing is via Sky+.

All the video routes through to the TV via it's only S-Video compatible SCART (EXT2), so when the TV turns on the macro on the remote has to include 2 external input switch IR codes to ensure that it's on the correct input for the picture to appear. If one of those IR codes doesn't get through for some reason (cat walks in front of the remote at the wrong time etc.) than wife/kids get very confused about what's wrong.

I know a fully wired SCART connection between an AV source and the TV would cause it to auto-switch to the correct input when that kit was powered on, so my question is, is it possible to wire something (pin to pin) inside the SCART plug that I currently use for S-Video input so that it will auto-switch the TV to the correct input?

Thanks,

Mark Blackburn.

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,303
    If I understand what you want, it's pin 8 that does the switching so it should work if you link pin 8 of the VCR's SCART connector to pin 8 of the TV's SCART connector. Make sure you also use an earth connection of course (pin 21 IIRC).

3. m455954

m455954

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Not quite - the Scart lead only has the 4 S-Video pins connected, it comes directly from the amp.

I suppose my question is - what pin from the TV would provide the correct signal so that if I connected it directly inside the scart plug to pin 8 it would force that input to be selected automatically by the TV.

Thanks,

Mark.