• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Scart audio issue

biggiegc

Hey guys I hav a new panasonic g20 hooked up to a VHS player for old times sake..the scart cable gives me a picture just fine but no sound...

Why..?? Scart is plugged into AV2..?!?

D

Deleted member 30535

Your Scart lead may be an "RGB only" lead which only carries pictures. You need a "fully wired" scart lead for audio and visual.

biggiegc

Your Scart lead may be an "RGB only" lead which only carries pictures. You need a "fully wired" scart lead for audio and visual.

I have the IXOS XHT 601-200 Scart purchased online from Futureshop.co.uk

pretty sure that does the job, actually just called them and they say all their scarts will carry audio! Could it maybenot be plugged in properly at the back?

D

Deleted member 30535

Scarts can only plug in one way, so unlikely to be that. I'd ask the question in the G20 thread as it may be a setup with the TV and which I am not familiar with.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom