scart and RGB connections to Denon 1909

imonkeybrain

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna come across as a real noob, there is a reason for that.....I am.

I got my 1909 last week, picked up some Cambridge Audio S30's Saturday and I'm using the satellite speakers from my old Panasonic, although I've just connected a centre speaker at the mo.

The PS3 is in via HDMI.

I've got Sky, just the vanilla flavour and a Wii. These are both connected to the TV (TH42PX80) with scart.

I wall mounted the TV yesterday, now I want to run everything through the amp to cut down on cables.

Questions,,,,,,,

1. Using the PS3, can you pass the audio through to the TV on HDMI so when my son plays Call Of Duty at 6am I'm not woken by some major explosions?

2. connecting the Sky and Wii, i have some scart plugs that convert to Red, yellow and white component, can I use these to connect to the amp?
Looking around I have also seen scart to 5 component (RGB + Audio), would these be what I need.

:lease:

1. Using the PS3, can you pass the audio through to the TV on HDMI so when my son plays Call Of Duty at 6am I'm not woken by some major explosions?

2. connecting the Sky and Wii, i have some scart plugs that convert to Red, yellow and white component, can I use these to connect to the amp?
Looking around I have also seen scart to 5 component (RGB + Audio), would these be what I need.

:lease:

1. In most cases = NO.
2. Red, yellow and white = component, no it is composite and the lowest form of picture quality known to man. Get and WII Component cable it has 3 video connections and 2 for audio and looks like this GAMEware Nintendo Wii Component Cable - Wii Accessories - GAME.co.uk

Getting the upgraded cable for the Wii is a no brainer, thanks.

How to I get the Sky output to the amp. Can I use a Scart to 5 component output?

"How to I get the Sky output to the amp. Can I use a Scart to 5 component output?"
No such cable for SKY.
The best connection for SKY is stereo phono cables to AV amp from SKY audio out and SCART to TV, set the picture settings in the SKY box to 16:9 not 4:3 and RGB not PAL and use a quality cable and plug into a RGB enabled scart socket on the TV, see TV instructions (Normally scart socket 1).

sorry to dig up an old thread but i want to make clear that Yes You Can pass hdmi through the 1909 receiver as long as you were using that "video" before you turned the receiver off. ex. I'm playing PS3 with AV on then i turn AV off, video will go blank for a sec then hdmi will pass through receiver passively to TV

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom