Scart and RF poor quality

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by dwarfer, Sep 5, 2007.

1. dwarfer

dwarfer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am rather dissapointed in the quality of the scart provided with sky+ that comes in the box, the quality is poor and wondering if the quality of the cable improves picture quality. if i bought a gold plated one (or expensife one) will that improve quality generally?

thanks

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,367
    The simple answer is yes a quality cable in most cases does improve the overall picture quality.
    Also check your picture settings in the SKY box are set to RGB not PAL and 16:9 not 4:3 and the Scart cable is plugged into a RGB Scart enabled socket on the TV.

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,188
    I was just going to post about this same thing, I fixed up our brand new SkyHD box today to my 32" CRT via the supplied free in the box scart cable.

The PQ was absolutely dreadful, it had these dreadful colour bars moving across the screen and everything looked very blurry and appalling.

I was initially thinking it was a incompatibility in using SkyHD via a scart connector to a CRT TV (and was initially panicking as I persuaded the owner of the 32" CRT that they would see no degredation in picture to get them to upgrade and pay half for the SkyHD box).

However as a test I then quickly swapped over from our DVD player the high quality Cambridge Audio Ritcher sounds Scart cable (which cost me £23 in December 2004) with the one from sky. The Picture quality from Sky then immediately shot right up to the level I expected.

Needles to say the free Sky Scart cable is going straight in the bin!.

So I would say most definitely buy a good Scart cable to fix up your sky box.

4. dwarfer

dwarfer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: nice one great advice.. is this the same priciple with the RF cables, even tho it isnt recommended anyway.