Scarface: The World is Yours - discussion thread & opinion poll

How do you rate Scarface: The World is Yours? (vote only after playing)

• 10 (Genre defining)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 (Outstanding)

• 7 (Good)

• 6 (Above average)

• 5 (Average)

• 4 (Below average)

• 3 (Bad)

• 2 (Very poor)

• 1 (Appalling)

• Total voters

sparced

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been excited about this one more than I have about Godfather, which I've still not found at a price of my liking.

The IGN review has finally arrived and it's got "GREAT" score of 8.5.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/794/794861p1.html

It's released over here in July and can already be preordered at a very reasonable deal.

If you're not too bothered about picking it up on released day and want to save a few quid. £16.99 is available today through google checkout. Res Evil 4 same price. Offer ends midnight more details here.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73792

I've been excited about this one more than I have about Godfather, which I've still not found at a price of my liking.

The IGN review has finally arrived and it's got "GREAT" score of 8.5.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/794/794861p1.html

It's released over here in July and can already be preordered at a very reasonable deal.

If you're not too bothered about picking it up on released day and want to save a few quid. £16.99 is available today through google checkout. Res Evil 4 same price. Offer ends midnight more details here.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73792

Yea, this looks superb.

Had it a while on PC, but it doesnt run great and I wanted to get it on PS2, but it doesnt work on PS3. :mad:

Anyway, seen the vids of it in action and I was suprised it had everything in from the PC version - swearing, violence etc - suprising for a Nintendo title, but with Manhunt also on the way, I guess Nintendo have decided to grow up!

Definately picking this up...

I was under the impression Scarface was a bad game, admittedly only on word of mouth! If it's better than Godfather I'll be picking it up as I enjoyed Godfather a lot.

Right, I'm off to watch the film now before this drops through the door tomorrow. I wanna be in the right state of mind you see. :D

got this today £29.99 in woolworths, played for 3 hours

pritty good game so far :) controls work well. more impressions later.

I got my copy today, first impressions, yeah a lot of fun is gonna be had on this one! The opening credits are brilliantly done, really gets the game set up well, also the tutorial is perfect, quick & very simple. The controls on Advanced are set just right IMO & everything seems to work really well, the camera/aim system has taken less than a few minutes to adjust to & it feels great strafing, shooting then cursing! :D The voices atm sound great! the Blind rage is great! so yeah everything seems great so far, it even looks pretty good. Shame I've gotta drop it now & do a family weekend but I don't think it's a game you can share to easily, especially with the youngsters. ;) ...to be continued.

I've played it since about 4am to whatever time it is now? 1:21pm..

It doesn't offer the same controls that made Godfather Blackhand famous but everything else is top notch.

Graphics are good enough for me. Missions and gameplay have kept me playing non stop. Killing cops and escaping never gets boring. Music is a big bonus, old school Electro and 80's. Tony's dialog is also amusing at times.

Mine's in 576i only. Not really a problem as the the extra lines help with the graphics but I was expecting 480p as most reviews state this. :confused:

My impressions of this game are that it is quite fun and seeing as i'm not a hardcore gta gamer I found that scarface is pretty much the same as gta, infact theres actually more to do, and the there actually seems to be a point to what you are doing, whereas I found gta games to be abit random. My main issues are the camera can be awkward at times, and the graphics are pretty rough.
Now before anyone mentions that wii is not about graphics or that the wii is only marginally powerful than the ps2 etc, the fact remains that scarface looked rough for a last gen game anyway.
It seems that at the minute thrid party devs are just re-releasing old games with tacked on controls. I just hope that this isn't a sign of things to come, and that we don't have to only look to nintendo for decent games, as I feel it could be the wii's downfall if the only decent games are the ones from nitnendo. we all remeber the n64, a great console with some absolute classic games but that failed due to poor third party offerings :thumbsdow

Now before anyone mentions that wii is not about graphics or that the wii is only marginally powerful than the ps2 etc, the fact remains that scarface looked rough for a last gen game anyway.
It seems that at the minute thrid party devs are just re-releasing old games with tacked on controls. I just hope that this isn't a sign of things to come, and that we don't have to only look to nintendo for decent games, as I feel it could be the wii's downfall if the only decent games are the ones from nitnendo. we all remeber the n64, a great console with some absolute classic games but that failed due to poor third party offerings :thumbsdow

The common spec fact is "more powerful than the original Xbox", sometimes people say Gamecube 1.5 but generally never the PS2 comparison which was the least powerful of last gen.

You point out that the subject of graphics and gameplay have been done to death and I agree but the whole third party discussion has been covered just as much now. Developers got it wrong in estimating Nintendo's popularity. The Wii is closing in fast on 360 sales despite a years headstart for Mircosoft and we're still only seven months into the Wii lifespan. I believe they'll make more effort in future and there will also be greater competition.

Scarface could aesthetically look better but it generally doesn't bother me as it's just too much fun. Also I'm only a few weeks into owning a hd set were the jagged lines are more visible and don't have enough testing out how various games turn out. I'm really pleased with the purchase and its my favourite and most played since the notorious Red Steel. :)

I love the lock on, then the ability to target different parts of the body. The Left/Right Balls being current favourites atm. :D oooooo that must hurt! :D

Just found this, I think it's when you're locked on but if you get close enough to an enemy you can perform an execution kill, where you knock them down to their knees & blow their head off in one action. Very Nintendo!

I've noticed this game drains batteries like no other. Rumble for every gun fired, shot taken, punch thrown, any car damage, hitting the curb and almost every second you're on water.

It adds to the experience so I'm not complaining. I've completed a lot of it so far, up to purchasing the fast food restaurant, been on a couple of 100k drug runs in my trusty Delorean. 7M in the bank and most of the Exotics bought. :cool:

Theres cheat codes for the PS2 verison that allows you to replay some of the key missions so don't see why they or an alternative wont work for us. The Freedom camp level and its John Carpenter-esqe synth music was one of my favourites.

I have only just bought a Wii last weekend, and have a nice new copy of Scarace in my hand to play when I get home. So looking forward to this, as I was gutted when it was dropped from the 360 schedule.
Please , I hope it has all that music.

Hey Marc R2 that's some progress you've made there! :thumbsup: I keep getting killed with a stack of cash on me!

One point I wanted to know. Is the waypoint setup a bit glitchy? I mean it doesn't seem to work all the time? any ideas. :confused:

Hey all. I'm still in 2 minds over whether or not to buy this game. Mainly play on the 360 and i've got plenty to keep me going on that but i really love Scarface the movie. Is this worth me buying?? Whats the general impression?? :thumbsup:

Hey all. I'm still in 2 minds over whether or not to buy this game. Mainly play on the 360 and i've got plenty to keep me going on that but i really love Scarface the movie. Is this worth me buying?? Whats the general impression?? :thumbsup:

Yeah, the film is quality (watched it again the other night before I played the game! it was brilliant! as ever) & the game... well, it's pretty good too, the voice of Tony Montana is just excellent & the music, spot on, in fact the whole re-jigged storyline really works, i.e rebuilding your empire. Here's my lowdown on the major selling point of this game on the Wii, the controls. (Con) - As the camera is controlled with the aiming you have to continuely point the wii-mote at the screen, unless you're driving the car (but still if you're shooting out the car). It's not a major problem but it requires added concentration to keep the camera where you want it. (I do have the setting on Expert, the fastest of the camera/aim movements though). However the (Pros) of this system still outweigh the (Con) IMO, mainly 'cause the shooting is just great fun with the IR & it also makes you feel more engaged in the game, a bit like the recent RE4Wii you feel more 'connected' than through a standard pad. Is it recommended? Yes definately, there's just something about it that I like, maybe it's that Tony Montana is just the perfect GTA character, he's totally believable in this game setting.

I've just ordered it :thumbsup: I have been after godafther for a while but dont want to pay £30 so got this for £20 instead:rotfl: can't wait!

was playing it last night, and it is really , really good.

However, (maybe due to the fact i am so used to the 360) I am really struggling to get used to the Wii controllers with this.

The music and atmosphere are fantastic however. top game in all honesty.

However, (maybe due to the fact i am so used to the 360) I am really struggling to get used to the Wii controllers with this.

I know exactly what you mean, which setting are you using (me/started on Advanced, now Expert)? Since I got it last weekend I do think I've got more used to the controls but I wouldn't call them intuitive. The game however is so much fun I can look past them. It's just wierd playing a GTA sytle game with anything other than a pad. It still works though & when you're able to swing the camera/aim round quickly enough to dispatch a gang single-handed it does make you think, could I have done that so effectively with a pad? mmm...maybe not, certainly not as much fun, especially while aiming at different parts of their body. :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom