Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Scarface R2 DVd - help I'm confused

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by shakur96, Jun 20, 2003.

1. shakur96

shakur96

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought region 2 Scarface (pacino) a few months back from Our Price (I think). After trading on forums for a while I've noticed a few people have a 'uncut' version. The front cover is almost the same - mine hasn't the widescreen strip on the top or the 50 min featurette badge sign towards the bottom (although the disc is widescreen and has the featurette). What baffles me most is that it is (according to play.com) 162 mins long. where as mine with no mention of it being uncut is 170 mins long (according to the back of the cover)

What is the most complete version I can buy? (is it mine?)

Cheers

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. shakur96

shakur96

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - that clears it up a bit for me. But what I still dont get is that most sites I can see (inc play & amazon) are selling the uncut covered dvd - but it is in fact 7-8 mins shorter than mine -which no site seems to be selling (although I havent looked round that much). Both versions are region 2.

4. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    I'm pretty sure both versions are exactly the same and the "new" uncut version is just a marketing ploy to get people to buy yet another copy of a DVD that they already own :mad: