• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Scarface on HD

Coffin

Distinguished Member
Hi

Thought some would be interested in Scarface (1983) which is today now available on Anytime in HD. I understand this is part of the new SkyHD channels imminently being launched including 'Modern Greats HD', the section this film falls under.

I've a dreadful Region 1 copy of Scarface so look forward to checking out the PQ and sound later :)

Cheers

unique

this isn't even out on blueray is it? you can't get it on HDdvd anyway. it's one of my favorite films of all time. i have about 3 or 4 different dvds of it. the last region one 2 disc was pretty good but could still be improved on

Coffin

Distinguished Member
Hi unique
Nope not on BD yet, hopefully one day. That's quite a few copies you have there, my Region 1 edition is truly awful, it was one of my first purchases from when play.com was founded, way back in year 2000 :eek:

Coffin

Distinguished Member
Well I just popped by may parents place and the PQ wasn't that great I have to say (they've a 5/6 gen Pioneer plasma etc)

Has anyone viewed Scarface yet on Anytime and got any opinions? :)

Nik73

Distinguished Member
Also one of my all time favourite movies. I thought the PQ was very good/excellent considering how old it is. If anyone's watching it now, just compare it with Summer of Sam on Drama HD. Scarface is MUCH better!

My favourite line is "Ooooooooooooo look at the pelican! Fly, fly pelican!"
Errrrrrrrrr that's a flamingo Tony! :rotfl:

johny1980

I tuned into some of it and was impressed by the PQ, I have to admit that I'm becoming a bit 'HD Blind' at the moment. So much in fact that I always go to the HD part of the EPG first!

ditto

watching a film in SD no just seems wrong and cant remeber the last time i did on sky

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom