1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scarface - Anniversary Edition R1

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Pooon, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Anyone got this? Have they cleaned up the picture etc?

Notice the sound is in DTS as well now, but can't imagine it will be much cop with the film being an oldie, unless they started from scratch.

I have this film on R2 dvd already but sound is only DPL and picture a bit like a VHS tbh so would like to know if anyone thinks its worth a measly £12odd to replace it.

2. Ken Kutaragi

Ken Kutaragi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Universal have done an absolute fantastic job on restoring the picture for this version and the picture quality doesn`t look out of place compared to todays films (seriously). Colours look far more vibrant, grain is all but a thing of the past and just looks amazing. Easily the best remastered print i`ve seen to date. Also don`t knock the sound as they have done a great job with this. Remember the film is quite dialogue heavy so theres not much opportunity to test out all your speakers but the music sounds great with the LFE getting some use and again universal have come up tops. I can`t see how anyone could be dissapointed with this transfer personally.

3. ldoodle

ldoodle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They've also done a fantastic job on the Gift Set packaging! It's absolutely gorgeous. Best Gift Set i've got by a mile.

The lobby cards and Tony Montana money clip were well worth the extra I paid for it. ;)

4. Loafer316

Loafer316
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Where did you get it from m8?:)

5. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pity the original Scarface isn't available seperatly. I'm not bothered with the cumbersome boxset, I just want the film(s) I'll wait for the double pack on their own, with no fancy box..

6. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    Just bought the region one anniversary from CD-wow, I agree with comments made above.

One of the best films ever made has now been cleaned up and polished and its MUST HAVE for anyone that loves this film or even some younger DVD buyers that have yet to see this masterpiece.