Scarface 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Good review Cas. I have gone for the US one because there was hardly any difference in price and I want the proper titles! I am not sure Carlito's Way is the better film for me - last time I watched Carlito's Way it actually went a bit downhill in my estimation. I haven't seen Scarface for quite a while though - definitely looking forward to the 4K!

Excellent review! On my list of rentals. Haven’t seen this in years

"Say hello to my little.....pile of divorce papers as i keep spending money on 4k discs" :hiya:

'with no crush or bleeding here'
are you joking? this film is full of crush. I'm watching it on a OLED and no matter what I do there's certain scenes where its crushed. Example being where Tony, his missus and friend are sat in the resteraunt his black suit is crushed to hell.

A bit off topic but would give anything for Casualties Of War and Carlitos Way in 4k.

'with no crush or bleeding here'
are you joking? this film is full of crush. I'm watching it on a OLED and no matter what I do there's certain scenes where its crushed. Example being where Tony, his missus and friend are sat in the resteraunt his black suit is crushed to hell.

What Oled? Could just he your TV.

Good to see people appreciating Carlitos Way for what it is, absolutely sensational cinema.
the end subway chase is a masterclass in tension, 10 mins of superbly filmed threat and action. the music track on the cd is an all-time fave. camera work is fantastic too, that opening twirl and the Grand Central oner are top-notch.

the end subway chase is a masterclass in tension, 10 mins of superbly filmed threat and action. the music track on the cd is an all-time fave. camera work is fantastic too, that opening twirl and the Grand Central oner are top-notch.

It's got classic De Palma sequences throughout, the pool table scene and the attempted hit on Kleinfeld are two more...a master at work, such a shame he's feeding off scraps to make guff independent movies when he's still active and looking to make movies.

Great review of a great film and a must purchace for me , Pacino full on OTT is quite mesmerising to watch at times but a lil signposted and comic book also ,for me Denzel in American Gangster was better crafted story . This brings me onto the Carlitos Way part of the review . I agree with Cas on this as Pacino and the film is more emotionally charged than the Scarface comic book performance . Love em both for different reasons.

There is a reason why everyone knows the name *Tony Montana*
Classic film that set of a chain of events by other film makers that could not match it, still can't.
It is sad that De Palma is not in the highs that he once was also.

The chainsaw bath scene is particularly nerve wrecking but the scene that gets me is when he takes Michelle P out and everyone is staring at him... Yeap, the bad guy!

I haven't seen it for some years and buying the 4K release would be ideal.
It is a movie you can never forget and folks will still be watching it in 100 years from now........

Who recongises a young AVI from Ray Donovan?
No flying cape cursaders in this one!

This film about lead character Tony Montage has the best 80s music montana ever.

Push it ot the limit! LIMIIIIIIIIIT!

This film about lead character Tony Montage has the best 80s music montana ever.

Push it ot the limit! LIMIIIIIIIIIT!

Yeah the songs are basically Top Gun goes gangster. So, Top Gangster.

fantastic isn’t it. One of my all-time favourite Al Films. Plus I always stupidly hope for a different train station sequence at the end!

Thanks for the review. I loathe player generated captions when they were burnt in originally, I know it must be for easier European subtitles but it always looks odd. At least the resolution of subtitles on BR is better than DVD, I remember how horrific the player generated subs for MGM’s DVDs of the Terminator and A Fish Called Wanda were...shudder

So just to be clear is this only at the start of the movie on the UK disc? Can't remember any other sections in the film to be fair where this might appear in great length

I'd never seen this before... boy I missed out. Though I have to admit it was seeing the 4k in a 3 for 36quid that pushed me to get it.

I remember reading the review thinking surely this player generated title thing is fuss over nothing.... well it's not the titles (used in 4 or 5 places I would guess) are hideous and really pulled me out of the film.

It was worth seeing to be able to understand the most famous quote of the film alone.... but I had really expected it to be used in another context.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom