1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scar removal products?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Marc, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    I have this really annoying ugly pink raised scar on the back of my right hand from a cigarette burn as well as a few raised white scars and i'd really like to get rid of them.

I've been looking on the internet and In the US there is this product called Neosporin Scar Solution which is meant to be good at removing them, but i can't find anywhere that ships to the uk for a decent price.

Has anyone here from the UK used some sort of scar removal product before, that they could recommend?

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +752
    Its probably Keyloid.

Some unfortunate folk, like me, are simply prone to forming Keyloid scar tissue, and there's not much you can do about it. It is simply your body producing too much scar tissue.

I used something called 'SilGel' which used over a long period of time helps soften the tissue and reduce the lumpiness and redness.
    However, it well probably always be visible but will become less visible over time on its own.

You can also get a cortisone cream that actually strips the upper layers of tussue away but my doctor advised against those.

Cosmetic surgery would be out of the question for me (wouldn't want it anyway!) as any surgical incision is guaranteed to make a nasty mess afterwards. :)

3. Dr Diversity

Dr Diversity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think a Dr should be your first port of call - not a forum for AV users :). That said, I suppose you get feedback from people who will have given products a trial run for you.