• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

scanning a paper document to edit it

Brendetta

Standard Member
Hi I have a paper document which I would like to edit instead of re creating a new one.

If I scan the document can I save the scan to my pc and edit it. Once its scanned will microsoft word automatically set it to the correct font/size/colour/boarder title font etc as the paper document. Thats the main reason I want to scan it as I don't know the font for text or the header. The header also has like a shade affect to writing to.

I heard that some scanners have ORC (optical character recognition). To convert images into text. So will the ORC be a button on the scanner or in the scanning program. The scanner has only been used when the pc is not on as it was not necessary when the scanner has been used before so I haven't scanned anything to edit before.

I was told I can turn the image into a PDF then you can use Adobe reader to turn it into a TXT?

Any help or guidelines on the best program to do this. I have been recommended ABBYY FineReader 8.0 so far. Thanks

Brendetta

Standard Member
I scanned a paper document using ABBYY FineReader 8.0. It saved as doc file and it works with microsoft word just fine for me to edit it. The font and everything is perfect accept the top banner. Its kinda saved it as an image so any pen marks on the paper document was scanned and are now showing up on word around the header title. How can I get rid of the pen marks.

Any tutorials on the internet on how to use ABBYY FineReader 8.0 correctly just for the task I need. I think I chose scan to microsoft work but there are also options like scan to pdf etc if you use the program you will no what I mean.

Any tips.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom