1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scanner problems

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Dave Blows, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Dave Blows

Dave Blows

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Any Mac experts out there?

I've got Canon digital camera and digital camcorder and no problems with their software on my iMac running OS9.1. But I've just got their Lide 20 scanner and it just won't happen - and the peeps at Canon are proving less than useful.

The software loads OK but when launched it just won't find the scanner driver. I (eventually) got hold of someone at Canon technical who couldn't help but said their scanner dept would - all I got was an email suggesting I download their latest software from their website and do it again. Same result.

So I sent them this message (but haven't had a reply).
    Dear Canon People

After unstuffing the toolbox sit file, I attempted to open the CanoScan Toolbox Installer 4.1E and got the message:

"The application "CanoScan Toolbox Installer 4.1E" could not be opened because "CanoScan Toolbox Installer 4.1E" could not be found (-18)"

Note: Stuffit Expander was used to unstuff the download.

And then I downloaded the scanner driver but when I attempted to open the scangear installer, I got the message:

"The application "ScanGear CS Installer" could not be opened because "ColorSync" could not be found."

Failed on both accounts. I’ve wasted a lot of time and effort on a £45 piece of equipment that doesn’t do what it says it does.

I am not at all technical and can follow only idiot guides - can anyone help? Is there an answer?

Thanks

Dave Blows

2. Dave Blows

Dave Blows

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    :confused: Anyone?

3. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try the pc section of the forum mate

4. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    Sounds like you have bits of your system folder missing. You could try doing a system restore from your original CD.

Another option is that it maight be a system extension conflict. Do you know how to switch extensions off? if so try switching to just base extensions in the Extensions Manager, restart and then try installing the software and seeing if it works. If it works ok then you'l have to switch on the extensions a few ata time, restarting each time to see if the problem comes back. Pain in the arse I know but I've had to do it many times in the past myself.

Finally, you could try upgrading to OS9.2, which is well worth upgrading to anyway.

Chris