Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

SCAN SC2000 DVD Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RecoilUK, Apr 19, 2001.

1. RecoilUK

RecoilUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I,ve just brought the above DVD Player for £178 and I am thoroughly impressed with the picture quality from it, maybe Home Cinema could get hold of one for a review, I,d be interested in what you have to say.

I hav'nt had the chance to test the sound quality yet, has anyone else got one ? and what do you think of it.

If you want to know more here is the url ... www.scan.co.uk

2. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    It's alright.

My mate has one and he is happy.

I assume you got it to play RCE DVDs?

3. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought one for my girlfriend and I'm quite please with the performance, relative to price.

However I had to upgrade the firmware just to get it to play a couple of the Disney R1 DVDs I own.

I love the MP3 playback and I'm considering buying one for myself for this and non-R1 DVD.

I ran a direct head-to-head with my top-of-the-line Pioneer DV-09. While the Scan looked pretty good on it's own the comparision showed that the picture is a bit too dark and the colours aren't kept in check as tightly as on the Pioneer. Detail that bristles on the DV-09 isn't as strong on the Scan. However it's probably an unfair comparison.

I've not tried a player at this level before but I've been quite impressed so far.

4. RecoilUK

RecoilUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I,ve not got any RCE disks at the moment but I brought it because I intend to get some in the future and just to be sure that I can play any disks.

I also have mp3 files that I want to put on disk, although I hav'nt actually got around to burning them yet, I'll let you know how it performs.

The firmware upgrade your on about? is it the one you were supplied with in the box??

5. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a firmware upgrade supplied on CD, but a later 'official' release was available on the website so I used that.

6. RecoilUK

RecoilUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where abouts on the website is it , because i cant find it anywhere

7. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, their site's crap really.

There's a Yahoo group where you can get the files as well as lots of info:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Scan2000

The downloads are under 'Files', but do take the time to read the instructions thoroughly first.

You'll need to burn the file onto a CD-R.