1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scamtastic!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JimmytheSaint, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmytheSaint

JimmytheSaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    An irresistible one-in-a-million offer....... :laugh:

Cheap spares!

Of course, I've emailed the individual offering cash an immediate payment on COLLECTION only.. ;)

Yas

2. bartp

bartp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there was quite few sony's on ebay in recent weeks. all complemented by the same set of pictures comming from well known us site. i've been bidding on one :devil: it ended up with a nice story that the seller is actually in grece and will send me the pj via dhl... it was fun i tell ya! i'll have look for the mail as it was fun

Bart

3. bartp

bartp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got it :laugh:

Hello Bart,

I'm located in United Kingdom but now i'm in France with business!
    The unit is just like that you bid on e-Bay!
    It is the same!!

Reply me for more informations!

next one: :thumbsup:

Hello,
    I'm from London.
    The projector is Brand New ,never used.
    The year product is 2004.I contacted the company Baco and they told me that the serial number is a secret informations and i can't release this informations!

Reply me for more informations!

...and nxt one:

The problem is that now i'm in Greece because here i have a store.

I can shipp you the package and i will by the receiver of the money!

Is that OK for you?

Reply me asap

can't find the best one... what a shame

4. joflo

joflo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :oops:

Here a reply to my request for tubes , serial no year of production , cash on pick-up etc ON A BRAND NEW G70 :D :
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    We will do the deal through ebay insured payments because we don't know each
    other so we need a safe way to conduct this transaction. eBay offers
    purchase protection plans for these situations.
    They will decide how you going to pay me so you can be insured for the
    entire value of this purchase. In case you don't get what you are paying
    for, you get a full refund from eBay. I have deposited £10,000 as purchase
    protection in an
    eBay managed account. I am not able to withdraw any money from this account
    while there are any possible refund requests (60 days since the last
    transaction).
    I need your full name and shipping address now.
    I will contact eBay and they will get back to us when the needed verifications are done and you got the purchase protection. This may take a
    few hours, so please be patient. You will be able to verify the validity of
    your purchase protection after you have qualified for it.
    They will give us a transaction number. Please keep it safe. Should a refund
    is needed, you email them the payment prove and the transaction number in
    order to get your money back.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Full insurance that i will get the money back :rotfl:
    And finished with 5 bids :mad:

flo

5. JimmytheSaint

JimmytheSaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    It's amazing the amount of crap that fleabay allows it's members to post. You'd think that they would have a system of checking previously used photos, or make a security feature that would stop the use of compromised accounts etc. This is so blatantly rubbish.... the fact that these very two G90s sold on the same site just last week!!
    It's just that some unfortunate blighter may get caught out by one of these scamsters. Even as a seller, you have to be so weary as people use stolen cards etc to pay by Paypal and even though the payment goes through, you have to return the funds to the credit card company that was defrauded!! I used to laugh, but it's kinda annoying now. :mad:

6. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And here is what he answered me when i asked him if it was possible to come over, inspect and collect!

"Hi,
    I`m afraid this will don`t work with the meeting ..because i`m in Switzerland with my job ..my boss want to open a little store here and we need to arrange all the papers and i don`t know for how long i will be gone...
    The watch is with my..it will be shipped from here and i will take care of the shipping fees so please don`t worry.
    That why i want to use for payment bank transfer..is more easy and is more faster and were are the best banks in the world and will be no problem with the transfer .
    I`ll be here waiting for your reply.
    Thank`s "

Me thinks, this guy travels a lot! :rotfl:

7. bartp

bartp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's what i've got: :laugh:

Hi,
    My best price is 5000.00GBP inclusive all the shipping fees.
    I`m afraid this will don`t work with the meeting ..because i`m in Switzerland with my job ..my boss want to open a little store here and we need to arrange all the papers and i don`t know for how long i will be gone...
    The watch is with my..it will be shipped from here and i will take care of the shipping fees so please don`t worry.
    That why i want to use for payment bank transfer..is more easy and is more faster and were are the best banks in the world and will be no problem with the transfer .
    I`ll be here waiting for your reply.
    Thank`s

and next one:

Dear Sir , i have tell you watch because my child is chicane with a watch and that is the reason that i writing you watch.
    I have two projectors to sell so , please let em know if you still want to buy my merchandise.
    I will be here waiting your reply.
    Thank you

The guy is funny!

8. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,075
    You would have thought by now Ebay would have a link on every auction to report the auction if it's dodgy etc, much like we have here for report bad posts.

But Ebay are making millions out of piracy, fake auctions etc. Until they get taken to court over it by someone/government etc they will not be too bothered about all these fake auctions.

9. 008

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Jimmy, didnt you buy the g90 that was advertised on this site two months ago ? surely one is enough for anyone ;-)

10. JimmytheSaint

JimmytheSaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Did indeed, but at £800 a pair, whose gonna say no? :D

11. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    [Paul please see the forum rules about what you can and can't say about people. Your post has been removed because it is not acceptable.]

12. Brimstone

Brimstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Lo folks,

If you like those letters from ebay scammers - you'll love this site where the guy takes them for a nice ride stringing them along and costing them money (email nigerian bank transfer notes scams). Some of them are bl00dy hilarious.

The other link is a warnings site for the latest ebay/paypal "your account is screwed if you don't enter your credit card details here immediately" (and similair) type spam emails i've been getting loads of over the last few months.

Cheers, Mark.

Scamming the scammers:
    http://www.bustedupcowgirl.com/scampage.html

Phishing:
    http://www.antiphishing.org/

13. JimmytheSaint

JimmytheSaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    So after informing ebay of this fraudulent scam, what happens? Two days later and the same moron has posted the same auction using the same name!! Ebay is so useless :mad:

SCAM AGAIN!

14. Andreas oakes

Andreas oakes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Never mind about what is and what is not acceptable
    What about the eleven days these remarks were available to see and the 10 minutes my comments were.

15. Andreas oakes

Andreas oakes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Never mind about what is and what is not acceptable
    What about the eleven days these remarks were available to see and the 10 minutes my comments were.

16. Vince M

Vince M
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would also like to know why when I am accused of being a scammer and my customer/previous owner of the NEC validates what i have said -that these comments are not allowed to stand?

As Andy rightly points out ,I was accused of being a scammer and these comments were allowed to stand for numerous days-defending comments and proof positive from the previous owner as to the condition of the NECS tubes etc. proving CONCLUSIVELY what i say-are pulled.

I would also appreciate a retraction from Paul B.-or are members allowed to falsely ill malign somebody as long as they dont notice?

Paul B`s comments apart from being malicious and untrue are bordering on deformation of character.

17. Vince M

Vince M
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    **I would also like to add for the benefit of members that wonder whats going on;-

Paul B accused me of being a scammer because he didnt think my tube shot of a NEC projector i was selling was mine or representative of that projector.
    The previous owner of the NEC-Andy Oakes-then stated quite clearly that I was correct as he had also taken off the lenses and looked at the tubes.

Case closed.

As a footnote,for Paul B`s benefit,a scammer is someone that tries to scam somebody for money-having had scammers try and ruin my auctions,having shut down numerous scammers on E-Bay I resent being called this because Paul B does not think a tube shot mine.
    I realise that from time to time someone will make stupid comments without thinking-I would like to think they are man enough to apologise when proven wrong.

18. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    So, are you are saying that the picture of the tubes at http://avsf.videogon.com/cgi-bin/buy_cl.pl?projcrta&1111853104 were in fact taken by you and not by Dnarby(the seller)?

Given your profound verbosity when you defended your similar previous actions in this regard, a simple Yes or No will suffice.

If no, did you obtain Dnarby's permission to use his picture in your advert? Again a simple Yes or No will suffice.

If the tube picture was not taken by you, then why did you use it (you will recall that previously you stated that you had been too busy to take shots of the tubes for your ebay adverts and argued that in any case, the shots you had used, which had been taken from other peoples websites, were sufficiently "representative" that you didn't need to bother to take any pictures of the tubes on the pj's you were selling - similar reasoning was also given by you for using someone elses screenshots as I recall despite the fact that they were from an LC pj and not a non-LC one)?

Paul

19. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    A pm Vince sent me;

An imbecile!!?? Nah, ugly I admit to but imbecile I'll leave for someone else to lay claim to.

I don't recall saying that you didn't have the pj's. There are many types of scams Vince, not having the goods is one, misrepresenting something in order to pull in the punters is another.
    Paul

20. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,405
    Projectiondream and Andreas, I removed the inappropriate content by PaulB and your replies, so that future readers would not have to read PaulB's inappropriate comments and your replies which by their nature would raise serious questions with regard to your integrity (whether founded in reality or not). The number of new readers of this thread willbe a much bigger number over the years that this thread exists than the relatively few which have read it to date.
    So by resurrecting it, and inevitably the accusations by PaulB, I feel you have made a big mistake. Anyhow, that's the decision you have made and you can live with it.
    PaulB's comments were inappropriate and were removed as per the forum rules. But it was another forum member who alerted us of the descending tone of this thread.
    Projectiondream, did you report PaulB's comments to the moderators with a note requesting appropriate action? No.
    In addition, sending an abusive PM to any forum member is not acceptable and calling PaulB an imbecile by PM earns you a 3 day ban from the AV Forums.

21. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Stuart and Mods,
    Please accept my unreserved apologies for the breach of forum rules and for the inconvenience this has caused you.
    Paul

22. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Vince,
    Please accept my apologies for publicly insulting you on AVforums. The insults were in clear breach of forum rules and as such have no place on this forum.
    Paul

23. Vince M

Vince M
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PaulB,

Apology accepted.

I would like to add to clarify,I have no problem showing any potential customer the tubes on a crt-or going to print as to the condition of those tubes.
    I offer FULL refund if the tubes are not as i stated-I have never had to do this.
    If a certain tube needed replacing I would state as such and price accordingly.
    I am currently the ONLY prolific seller on E-Bay of crt who offers demos,lifetime support,shows the tubes,shows the hours,shows with regularity his own screenshots.

I have mentioned before that most times i show my own shots or shots representative of the actuality-all pictures of course are only indicative and a nonsense if the reality does not equate.

As i mentioned previously,ALL screenshots UNDERSELL a crt -and its hard with tube shots to capture as is,many times I feel the tube shots look worse than the ACTUAL tubes!

Nevertheless I try and represent as accuratly as I can-leaving the true acid test to the customer to assess,to see the picture,the tubes etc..
    Then they vote with their pocket as to my accuracy in representation.

I can say with confidence-and I think my customer recommendations and testimonials reflect this-that to date the representation and the actuality HAVE equated.
    :)

24. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think that this is a good place to end it - closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.