scammed dodgy website

anobium

Established Member
Reaction score
So i purchased a amazon firestick from a website that no longer is up, and I realise i will never receive said item, i have filled a form out with my bank, just wondering what my odds are for receiving my money back, I paid £24.99, Its not the end of the world but pisses me off as I am normally very cautious of dodgy websites, this one looked very professional and when I went to payment no red flags came up by either google or myself, and it was on the front page of a google search ,Im guessing they have fleeced many 100s if not 1000s of people, because it cost serious money to be on front page of google search. Dont want to give website info as if they are on tis site they could pottentionaly get more info of me.

Weren’t Amazon selling Firesticks for these prices for days/weeks up to Black Friday?

Yes paid by debit card, and yes amazon were selling for £29.99 during the sales.

I’m sure you can just do a credit card charge back. No idea how to unfortunately.

You can get a refund from a debit card as well. I got a full refund for something I ordered (a bath panel) which never turned up and the company was no use in arranging the refund (think they were just a shambles as opposed to trying to scam me). Was fairly strightforward, phone up the bank, filled in a form, left it a few days, got a refund.

Chargeback and Section 75 | UK Finance

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom