• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Scalers with SDI output?

Madders

I think I already know the answer to this, but just in case I've missed something, are there any scalers with an SDI output?

Madders

Thanks for the reply Gordon. I didn't realise that! :blush: I've been impressed by the three dimentionality of the picture I'm getting from my SDI'd Sky+ box going direct into the SDI input on my Panny plasma. Which scalers have HD-SDI outputs?

Madders

The Panny has SDI inputs (and HD-SDI inputs - although at a high cost!)

I also see that the SDI output graphics cards are around £4000 :eek:

PeteD64

Madders said:
I also see that the SDI output graphics cards are around £4000 :eek:

This SDI output card is a lot cheaper but probably not as flexible as a graphics card. Looks like it's restricted to DVD playback.

Anyway, if you can get a 1:1 pixel match over DVI or even VGA into the display then I'm not sure what advantage SDI on the PC gives you.

Madders

PeteD64 said:
This SDI output card is a lot cheaper but probably not as flexible as a graphics card. Looks like it's restricted to DVD playback.

Anyway, if you can get a 1:1 pixel match over DVI or even VGA into the display then I'm not sure what advantage SDI on the PC gives you.

None whatsoever now I know it's only 480i :(

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom