1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scalers - do they all have sufficient power to drive BNC RGB+Sync?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by EvilMudge, Mar 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking about a CRT, as some of you may know, and I was wondering about the various scalers that are available. Are there any out there that are not suitable for CRT use because they do not provide sufficient output power throught the VGA port to drive a RGBHV interface?

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I have yet to come across any scaller that is not able to drive a CRT machine. I would avoid the use of your interface unless your cable run is very long or you specfically know that the syncs will need treating.

Give us the exact models you are thinking of trying and you may find a user who has or has tried that combination.

Most scallers were invented to work with CRT projectors

3. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Roland.

The projector will hopefully be a Sony 1272, supplied by your goodself. As to the scaler, I have no idea at the moment, probably something cheap, but was wondering if there were any to be avoided.

4. CogPaul

CogPaul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased an Extron 202+ for this purpose - using a Lumagen vision I have now been able to take the Extron out of the signal chain. However it was needed for a quadscan pro and iscan plus with an NEC 9PG. Its not so much a question of scalers not being suitable- rather its the individual combination of scaler and projector- some like ECP's are happier with 1.0v p-p comapred to the normal 0.7vp-p output.

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    127* series were very forgiving and were to not too perplexed by this Negative sync thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.