1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Scaler & VPH D50HTU..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by museumsteve, Aug 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,014
    would I need one..??
    Basically I may have the opportunity to get the above Sony, if I did would I still need to use a scaler.??
    I'm a total virgin when it comes to CRT but could ditch my Panny PTAE1000 in favour of this if the feedback is positive enough..
    Thanks in advance..

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,788
    Steve:

I'd suggest a minimum of an Iscan for use with this device. Ideally a scaler will get the best from it but you can get away with a decent de-interlacer like Iscan or Omega1.

On a 16:9 screen you are probably looking at trying to get 600P ish out of it. A de-interlacer will get you 576P from PAL and 480P from NTSC.

If you need more info just ask.

Gordon

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    If it truely is a D50 HTU it will have a built in line doubler any how. the Iscan will give better results too.
    A really well set up D50 will resolve line tripling too. but not Quadrupled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.