1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scaler or not?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jriihi, Oct 9, 2005.

1. jriihi

jriihi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if its worth is to get scaler for sanyo plv-z3 (720p native) lcd projector?

How much difference really is between OPPO DV971H player (Faroudja 2310) outputting 720p that i have now compared to Calibre Vantage-HD (HQV)?

Just wondering because i have been thinking getting scaler many times but.. i really have to get noticable better image with it :)

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    The scaler will give more accurate detail, an added feeling of depth, smoother edges, smoother movement overall, sharper defined edges, better colour accuracy, adjustment for y/c delay (sharper colour to put it simply), no chroma errors or other colour errors, better scaling for less (or indeed no) scaling noise, quite a lot really!! The only limit will be the quality of the projector!!!

There's a couple of threads that popped up earlier this summer on what exactly you can or can't get from a scaler. A quick search should bring them back up (something like "what exactly does a scaler do?").

HTH