1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scaler for Benq PB6210

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by organica, Jun 3, 2005.

1. organica

organica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using a BenQ PB6210 projector -
    I'm wondering roughly how much I would need to spend on a scaler to get a noticeably better picture than the internal scaler provides.

Sources will be DVD (Toshiba SD340E via YPrPB to the BenQ's VGA input)
    and S-VHS (haven't bought the deck yet).

Cheers -

g k

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,530
    organica

I guess not many folk have much experience with your Projector then :)

Looking at the spec sheets can only give you a guide to what to expect - though I don't see any DCDi or other 'Branded' deinterlacing or processing mentioned; which would suggest that trying your projector with a DVDO, Lumagen or other External Processor may be a worth while exercise.

I guess the problem for you is that your projector is relatively inexpensive and any of the Video Processors regularly mentioned on the AVForums are likely to cost as much as the Projector.

It may seem like financial madness but the Lumagen or DVDO products will make the most of your Projector - the Lumagen VisionDVI is on Special Offer at £695.00 this month.

I guess a good Litmus test for you is if you see variances between the quality of image you see between different sources into your projector; and even different Output Types from the same source; if you can see that some sources are better than others then your also likely to 'see' the benefits of the External Processor.

Best regards

Joe