Scaler Advice for Sky HD and Pioneer pdp-433hde

tso533

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi I am looking for some advice, I am trying to get a Pdp-433hde (old 3 series plasma) to work with Sky HD, I am using the HDMI output and think that I need a scaler of some kind that will work, I have tried one of these Keene Electronics but it didn't work on my pdp433 or my other Pioneer pdp-427. I tried changing the output on the SKY box to 720p etc and the output of this scaler to 720p but the picture would flash up on the screen and then go black.

If I connect mt Dennon DVD player through the scaler it works just fine and adjusts the output to 60hz and picture is fine?

IS there anyone out there using a scaler with SKY HD and an old Pioneer that can advise me on the scaler i need?

I already have a HDMI to component box which works fine when I use it with my DVD player.

I can use my DVD player @ 1080i 60hz and the picture on the pdp-433 is excellent, so i know that the display and media box can do it, it seems to me to be something wrong from the sky box?

Any ideas ?
tso533

Sorry - not sure what you're trying to achieve - does the 433 not have HDMI? And over component only accepts 1080i @ 60Hz perhaps?

That's exactly the case. The 433HDE does not work with 50Hz HD signals at all, via the media box. However rather interestingly it is about the only model I know that you can remove the media box from and run a DVI signal directly into the panel. I have before taken out the media box, put in a Lumagen running 1024x768 at 50Hz and 60Hz, and then put all the video sources into the Lumagen to do up or downscaling as necessary. Lovely pixel mapped image.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom