SC-LX82 AV via analogue connections, anyone doing it?

dudeonline

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have my SC-LX82 connected via HDMI, which obviously gives me the DTS HD Master audio text on the front. However, I wonder if the sound would be improved if I connected via analogue connections from my BD player? Anyone doing this?

Thanks....

I currently have my SC-LX82 connected via HDMI, which obviously gives me the DTS HD Master audio text on the front. However, I wonder if the sound would be improved if I connected via analogue connections from my BD player?

Don't forget that these analogue channels (having just been through a DAC conversion process in the BD player) will be fed straight into an ADC chip in the amp, so that the DSP in the amp can do the necessary processing to correct for speaker distances, sensitivity and frequency response in the digital domain, before the signal is passed to the amp's own DAC, and then on to the power amps.

So, that's 2 extra levels of conversion; as well as several more cable connections.

I would suggest that it's much better to keep the signal in the digital domain as much as possible !

The only possible improvement would be if the player has a superior DAC to that used onboard the AV receiver. This isn't something you'd expect unless the player in question is a particularly high end model?

I still use my analogue channels (as well as the HDMI) because I like the sound I get. I set the LX83 to pure direct or direct mode depending on what one is listening to & the LX91 with pure audio set to 1 or 2 again depending what I am listening to.

All you can do is try & see if you enjoy the sound, careful though cables can get a bit £££

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom