1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SC-HT900 vrs dcs-505

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by floatingkiwi, Sep 8, 2003.

1. floatingkiwi

floatingkiwi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi all, new member here

What do you think of these two choices (both multiregion of course, and don't compare the prices)? I'm in Italy and my tv only has a scart connection (and I still need to check if it can take PAL60 signal). But other than that above, I'm really interested in the sound quality. I have a seperates DENON system at home in NZ but here I'm a bit stuck for space. I'd be playing quite a few CD's on it as well. Any thoughts??

2. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DCS-505 looks to be capable, but not having listened to it I couldn't say one way or another. However it doesn't appear to have the flexibility of the Panasonic model which would offer you opportunity to experience Multi channel music via DVD Audio, plus RGB and component output (the latter of which I realise is a moot point with your TV only having a SCART socket)

3. floatingkiwi

floatingkiwi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes, and my TV is a real basic one too. Does it have s-video or composite video out? (cause that's about all I can use I think) I can't find this info on the web.
    Now there is the new NS-DV99 to think about too. It looks like a nice system! Wish I had my denon here..........

4. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it does have both s-video and composite output What this NS-DV99?

5. floatingkiwi

floatingkiwi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    It's a new one from Pioneer, seems to be aimed at the upper end of the market as it is priced above even the HT900, and not even floor standing speakers! Seems to play pretty much everything though, uses the flat speaker technology. Take a gander at Pioneer's UK site.