1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SC-HT1500 centre speaker

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by nego, Jan 24, 2005.

1. nego

nego

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

As a Christmas present I decided to upgrade our Toshiba Dolby ProLogic TV, though 6 years old, looked and sounded “fantastic” to a Panasonic TH-37PE30 Plasma Screen with matching SC-HT1500 all-in-one home cinema system.
    :confused: When I first connected it all up and power on I thought, this sounds strange when I listened to the BBC1 UK news, but thought hayho, I’ll “play” with the sound settings once I’ve read the volumes of manuals they supplied me.
    :( Anyway, It’s been 5 weeks now and all I can say is I’m gutted with the sound of the dialogue.
    Though DVD’s seem fine, I can sense something’s not right but more-so when I listen to the news or something like QVC when the dialogue through the center speaker sounds as if they’re talking to me through a plastic cone. I don’t know the technical term but it’s sounds very cheap and nasty… “Pants” if you so like.
    :lesson: My wife and kids say its me as they can now hear what the people are saying and also say that the Tosh was always OTT when it can to base sounds .
    Things get a little better when I turn of Dolby Pro-logic II but I don’t what to have to do that every time a change channels.

:eek: Its got to the point where I’ve spent nearly £3000 on a plasma setup that I’m frightened to use as it only makes me sad when I do.

:rolleyes: As you can see I have a dilemma…
    What should I do ?
    Is it just a matter of buying good centre speaker that will match my setup?
    Any suggestions ?

Thanks Neil