SB12+ with 2 Amps?

MIB

Can you connect an SB12+ to 2 amps if one or other is always switched off. Also would it be a major problem if both amps were accidentially turned on at the same time?

chrisgeary

via the low level connection or the high?

bob1

I would contact svs ,i can't see that it would be a problem but i wouldn't like be the one that told you it will be ok when a poof of smoke comes out the back.

MIB

I would contact svs ,i can't see that it would be a problem but i wouldn't like be the one that told you it will be ok when a poof of smoke comes out the back.

I've PM'ed Hayes at AVSales, just waiting for a response but think it would be a good idea to email SVS.

Anybody tried this?

Member 96948

Distinguished Member
Connect one amp to the left and the other to the right. The sub neither knows or cares about the source of the signal as it's not like connecting one speaker to the outputs of two power amplifiers which is a serious no-no.

Even if you played both amps at once, the signals would be summed into one mono signal just like they would if they were two parts of a stereo signal.

Russell

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom