SB X-Fi XtremeGamer

MaxAvidy

Standard Member
Hi, new to the site and I'm having a problem that is driving me up the walls and back down again.

I'm running XP Pro SP2, have been with this computer for awhile. I recently tried Vista out (bad news) but this isn't about that. I reloaded XP Pro with SP2 on a slipstream disk, the same as Ive always done. Now my audio only works when I install the drivers from the Windows Update manager and not the drivers from Creative.com. It won't even find the device as an option when I do that in the audio tool in the control pannel, but in device manager everything is there, happily installed. I've tried reformatting several times and applying the drivers at different intervals, switching the PCI slot. It only works with the drivers from the Windows Update. The problem with this is my music no longer comes out of all 5 speakers without having to engage the Matrix option on my Logitech THX Z-5300 speakers. (I didn't have to do that before) When I'm in game (CS:S with matrix off) I only have volume control of the front two speakers, the rest stay all the way up and only respond to the manual controls onthe speakers, which I never used to have to touch. Everything seems to be the same as when it worked before I experimented with vista, but it's all shot to ****. If anyone can help me fix this and bring the glory back to this beast I would be much abliged.

System stats:
ASUS M2N-SLI Delux MB
WD:raptor 10,000RPM 74GB
Seagate 7200 320GB
AMD Athlon FX-62 Windsor 2.8
Windows XP Pro SP2
2X Geforce 8800GTS
SB X-Fi XtremeGamer
Logitech THX Z-5300
8Gig DDR2

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom