1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sazuma Trading-Brilliant

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by coolhand101, Dec 19, 2002.

1. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was hearing some bad reviews of this company with Shipping Times and delivery

Ordered 2 Dvds on the 14th December 2002
    Arrived This morning (19th December 2002)

Faster Than a few dvd(r1) companys so far. although play.com are faster when they wanna be

Gore feast tonight (i hope)

:)

2. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    the two I ordered took 5 months to arrive from them.

3. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    5 Months!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, thats what i was hearing about this company. was it awhile
    back this order, cos i have,nt seen a bad review recently.

5 months is a long time, wasnt the dvds in stock or was it the shipping company(do they still use white arrow?)

i must amit there technical details on dvds was not always correct.

the 2 dvds i ordered claim "widescreen and 16x9 enchance".

when i got them only 1 had these features, the other was 4x3 but i later found out the film was shot only on a 16mm camera, and its flat ratio. i havent watch it yet but most 1.33:1 with no special effects(flat, with special effects hard matte) can be viewed 1.85:1 so unless the actors heads or action are fitted in a 1.85:1 frame i just use my sony widescreen to "zoom" minus a bit of loss in resolution.

still they do get hold of pretty good uncut films, ie deluxe and special editions, although not many and a lot of rare films.

i will try them again after xmas and see if my dvds arrive within a week(i hope it wasnt a fluke).

Have you got many uncut films?

im trying 2 find technical details on these:

1. cannibal holocaust 2 (aka kathy mills story aka amazonias)
    2. cannibal ferox 2 (aka massacre in dinosaur valley-the rare version)

cheers

4. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I would use them again - their site is okay, good range of the better presses of films, and their customer service was quite good.

the 5 months (at least) was because - lost order, out of stock, shipment from Japan, not being in the eventual shipment from Japan, another shipment from Japan, forgot the order again,

I would use them again, it was probably as much my fault for choosing unusual films. they were two fulci's, and special editions, so good.

have now realised that censors are a lot more lax now than back then, so gore is looking tame- it is only the topics that they are still tight on.

good lcuk getting yours.