1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sazuma - AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Nov 1, 2000.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi All,

This is a warning to anyone who is considering ordering DVD's from this company, (www.sazuma.com) who also resides in the UK. DON'T!

On the 20th September 2000, I ordered a copy of the Austrian edition of "Tenebrae". On the 26th September 2000, they debited the money from my account. On the 9th October 2000, they told me that my DVD had already been shipped to my address, here in England.
    On the 21st October 2000, I e-mailed them again, to find out where my DVD was, as it still had not arrived. On the 26th October 2000, they e-mailed me, stating that the DVD I had ordered should arrive within the next few days.

It is now the 2nd November, and the DVD STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED at my house!! This disc has now taken 6 weeks, and yet despite what they have kept promising me, it still hasn't been received! Therefore, I have formerly requested a full refund of the payment for this order, via my credit card company!

This was my first order, from what I thought was a highly respectable DVD-importation company, but it looks like I was totally wrong.

Anyone else had problems with this firm, or been successful?!

Pooch

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I think quite some time ago (few month back) there have been some complaints about this company and it was advised to avoid them.
    If I remember correcly they even shut down their website.

3. Watto

Watto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely.
    Avoid this company at all costs.

$azuma.con have the most appalling service I've come accross on the web. They take your money for products they say they have, then either ignore your e-mails or tell you that they've just posted it.

On my one and only (and last ever!) purchase from $azuma.con I was told over the course of over a month that my order had been dispatched on about five different dates, all totally untrue. And they even had the cheek to bill me for express delivery!

To top it all, when you complain about the fact they've taken your money and not provided the service for it, all you get is abusive mail from Roland the Rat and Claudia Shifty.

Everytime the heat from all their complaints gets too much they simply shut their site and change e-mail address so that no-one can contact them about their missing orders.

If there is a definition of the rotten apple that gives internet shopping a bad name it is these guys.
    AVOID!

And no, I wasn't a very happy customer(!)

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Watto wrote:

On my one and only (and last ever!) purchase from $azuma.con I was told over the course of over a month that my order had been dispatched on about five different dates, all totally untrue. And they even had the cheek to bill me for express delivery!

To top it all, when you complain about the fact they've taken your money and not provided the service for it, all you get is abusive mail from Roland the Rat and Claudia Shifty.

Everytime the heat from all their complaints gets too much they simply shut their site and change e-mail address so that no-one can contact them about their missing orders."

Well, I have been e-mailing Claudia, and so far, while not being as helpful as she could be, she has always replied to my e-mails. As for Express Delivery, as a UK customer, that isn't an option available to me, when I placed my order. I could only select "Guaranteed Delivery", thus if Customs get the DVD before I do, then Sazuma take the heat and the cost. (I kept printouts of all their website promises - so no need to worry on that side of things, thank god!)

As for shutting the site down, that has actually just happenned again, although allegedly it is due to a newer, better site going on-line very soon. Make of that what you will.

As a sidenote, I also placed my concern about this company over on www.splatterhouse.net and in their forum, people told me that the usual length for delivery to the UK is 8 weeks!!!! However, everyone did say that they did get their discs, albeit after a lengthy delay.

I have e-mailed Sazuma, and told them I am revoking my Visa Card payment, and that they have 10 days to get a copy of the film I requested to my front door.

Such a shame that a fairly well-known firm like "Sazuma" (well, well-known amongst horror fans, at least) with such a good choice of obscure titles, have such p*ss-poor service.

Will keep everyone up to date, as to the outcome.

Pooch

5. Watto

Watto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a real pity I cleared out my e-mail records the other week, I had some classics in there from the gruesome twosome at the austrian orange...

A lot of people get tempted in by their catalogue but it's only a matter of time before something goes horribly wrong and they leave you high and dry.

6. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,678
    Hi,

I was going to order from them, until a search showed this up.

BUT, they are listed on the ''dvd recommeded retailers'' sticky !?, confused, are they ok now?

rai

7. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,245
    if the original date on this thread is right, it was way before our recommended retailers thread was started. Since we listed them on it, I can't recall if there have been any complaints about them. Perhaps they are ok now??

8. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,663
    This is a resurrection :eek: . I wonder if pooch ever got his DVD :D
    JS

9. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Nope, never got the DVD, but thankfully I got my money back, from my bank! I've never ordered from them since, and wouldn't recommend them to anyone, even if it was the last DVD import company in the entire world! :mad:

Never has the word "charlatan" ever applied to a company more than this one! :lesson:

Pooch
    (Feb 2005!)

10. steveh2001

steveh2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I ordered oldboy UE and cannibal ferox tin off them and they both turne dup :clap:

But i have something else "on order" and not sure when thats gonna turn up :-S

11. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207

I Think this is a bit harsh considering you have had no dealings with them for over 4 years.

Adrenochrome.

12. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Once bitten twice shy???

13. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well they have just been voted 'Worst online retailer' Yet again at SGM.

14. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,245
    Anybody have anything nice to say about this company?

If not, I will remove them from the recommended retailers thread.

15. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Greg,

In all seriousness, the only good thing, about Sazuma is the large choice of titles. For that, they can't be faulted! However, as for delivery times, customer service and other such important aspects of buying DVD's from them, I've almost never heard anything except negatives.

Maybe I could have given them another chance, but back in 2000 (when I placed my order with them), I wasn't willing to risk my money on a company who couldn't deliver - if you pardon the pun.

Pooch

16. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,554
    What is SGM? And yes please, Greg, remove them from the list.

17. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Sex Gore mutants a superb site dealing in horror movies SGM Here

18. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: