Saying goodbye to my entire DVD collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setenza

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Most of you may know that I have fallen on hard times financially. Such is my family's current need that, I must sell my entire DVD collection :(

I built this up over nine years and have somewhere in the region of 700 discs.
There is a wide range of titles, along with some interesting rarities, such as my Spanish copy of "Stalingrad" and autographed copy of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

They have brought me great pleasure and I'll be very sorry to see them go, but I love my family more and so it has to be done. So keep your eye open for a major sale on these forums. I'll be collating a list in the next 48 hours.

Oh, and I have 70 Laser Discs and a player to shift as well.

At least I still have my View Master...................:rolleyes:

And my wife thought I had loads to many at 50/60 - Good luck with the sale if I can help I will :smashin:

Are you going to list them somewhere with prices or do we have to guess and make offers?

No, I'll set prices and trade as per the forum rules. They'll also be a "buy the whole lot and be damned" option :(

Damn, I was looking for an autographed copy of "Stalingrad" and the Spanish version of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" too!! ;) :D

Most of you may know that I have fallen on hard times financially. Such is my family's current need that, I must sell my entire DVD collection :(

I built this up over nine years and have somewhere in the region of 700 discs.
There is a wide range of titles, along with some interesting rarities, such as my Spanish copy of "Stalingrad" and autographed copy of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

They have brought me great pleasure and I'll be very sorry to see them go, but I love my family more and so it has to be done. So keep your eye open for a major sale on these forums. I'll be collating a list in the next 48 hours.

Oh, and I have 70 Laser Discs and a player to shift as well.

At least I still have my View Master...................:rolleyes:

Good to see you know where the priorities are.

I realise it will hurt to get rid of them, but they're only little plastic discs after all - not important in the great scheme of things.

Hope things work out for you - good luck.

dvd's are just a subsitute for a life. i should know, i have thousands of the things. funny enough i'm in financial debt too. i was never fortunate enough to find a wife in the first place tho, too much dvd watching is to blame

i wouldn't worry too much about giving them up now, it won't be long till they are looked back upon in the same disdain as betamax, and all the movies will be endlessly repeated on channel 5/bsb/sky/virgin/tnt. it's probably the best time to sell whilst people still have some interest in buying dvds. you might be better off flogging the rarities on fleabay tho

good luck with the sale and things :)

You can get a 500 Gb drive for tuppence these days. The real bugger is man hours ripping the discs, but I suppose if you don't have a job it isn't really a problem. Definately rip them all, you can always burn them again when you get back into the black, even if they aren't originals.

You can get a 500 Gb drive for tuppence these days. The real bugger is man hours ripping the discs, but I suppose if you don't have a job it isn't really a problem. Definately rip them all, you can always burn them again when you get back into the black, even if they aren't originals.

whilst on the subject of piracy, why don't you run off loads of copies of films and sell them down the local market. you'll soon have your debts paid off and be walking around from head to toe in burberry (just not made in whales, thats all) and elizibeth arden jewellery :D

so as to avoid talk about piracy etc I'll close this.

XOD let us know when you have them up for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom