Say hello to the PSP Go.

arrrgh no second analogue stick :(

it never was gonna get a second analouge stick, it was more a cosmetic and get rid of umd drive , one website has even got video on from qore which was realesed to early, lol, deffent purchase for me, i just hope they will be available in the uk before xmas, cant wait till e3 to get deffent confirmation and details about it

Just some GameBoy Pocket Advance SP miniaturised lite version. No thanks, I'll stick with the 3000 model. It looks uglier and when is the size of handhelds ever that much of a problem. Full PSP2 wont probably appear till late next year now.

Another Sony leak, we know a good 20 minute worth of their e3 presentation and heard him mention Metal Gear and Gran Turismo. They should keep tighter measures on this stuff.

Have to say I'm not overly impressed by its looks, even the PSP phat looks better :eek: It just seems that Sony keep churning these out and no-one seems that interested unlike the DS variations IMHO

Why wouldn't this be the PSP2? It's a pretty major overhaul compared to the normal updates between PSP's

This is the alternative and probably last model of the current generation of PSP's. Sony's first step into total digital distribution. All I see when looking at it is the GBA SP flip top.

The games you buy for the PSPGo will work on the next gen UMD-free PSP2 too. So they've started the foundation of back compatibility that way.

PSP2 December 2010 (Japan), March 2011 (USA), September 2011 (Euro) :boring:

I don't like it but should of expected a crappy version to be its sending off. All the games the PSP has coming out is worth getting excited about for sure but also delays its real successor.

Surely any 'new' PSP has got to be a minimum of 2/3 years after the release of this new Go version. It's hardly a minor update like the original, slim and lite and 3000. This is the spearhead for digital distribution. Why would they go to the expense of this new model, as well as having the current model on the shelves and then release another version 18 months down the line. What would they add

Probably long term for PSP Go.

PS3 is 3 years into release soon and by the time we get to 5 years, they'll be seeing about releasing a PS4 and probably PSP2 at the same time all Digital distribution

Go to the expense? The PSP is on its arse and Sony are in desperate need to extend its life.

The Go is just a way of building up their back catalogue of PSP1 titles on the store and getting people ready for the next generation to start. If they're lucky its sells well but highly doubt it. At least it keeps the brand fresh and from people forgetting all about it.

Microsoft are rumoured to get into the handheld market. Do you think they'll not go to town on it? Two analogue sticks, touch controls, BIGGER screen.

Three years? No way man. We want a new device with more power soon.

Gameboy Advance, June 2001
Game Boy Advance SP, March 2003
DS Phat, December 2004
Game Boy (Advance) Micro, September 2005
DS Lite, June 2006
DSi, April 2009

PSP Phat, March 2005
PSP Slim & Lite, September 2007
PSP 3000, Octobmer 2008
PSPGo, September 2009
PSP2, December 2010-March 2011

I'm happy the 3000's will likely be reduced in price, so thats one thing. :)

I want the PSP2 to rival the current iPhone if not the next iPhone if that already out by then. Not too bothered about phone calls but internet browser, accelerometer and store fully accessible. Something sexy. :devil:

£179 Autumn 2010 they should be able to fit a lot of tech into that device.

I'm hoping Sony learn that they can be expected to sell PSP titles at full price forever and be more lenient after Go launches. I'm sure Fifa 09 is £29.99 on the PlayStation Store right now. On Play.com its £12.99.

I wonder if there's any way it will allow for ripped UMD isos to be played? I have archived my collection of UMDs as digital files and it would be great if I could still play these.

I'd like to see the Playstation and Playstation Portable become the same product with the PS4. The PSP2 (as we'll call it) could be a part of the PS4 and detatch for use away from the home and could also be used as an extra pad for the PS4. The PS4 could have a massive main memory (say a 4TB HDD) and you would then be able to download PS4 & PSP2 content to the PS4.

Then when you want to play on or watch the PSP2 you would transfer the content from the PS4 to the PSP2's internal memory (say 500gb flash memory) and take the device with you on the go.

Obviously we're talking maybe another 3 years down the line (hence the larger storage amounts than we currently enjoy as standard today).

i really like the look of this and will be deffently getting one when they come out :thumbsup: cant wait to play lbp and gt on it, as well as older games like gow

why the smaller screen? i understand they wanted it 'portable'...but it seems its going backwards regard the screen.
even the dsi had a bigger screen.

Gets my award in the Mr Ugly Handheld competition, and the Mr Cheap Load of Trash compo.

Not sure what Sony were thinking when they designed this to be honest - looks like some kid's toy bought in a clearance sale. Doesn't look too robust either.

I must admit that it doesn't really look like much of a move forward from my Japanese PSP-1000 I bought shortly after the launch back in Japan! That must be a good 3+ years ago now :eek:. It also only cost me £150 with a free game as well.

Like folk have said, it doesn't look as nice, the controls don't seem to have improved (but to make it compatible with other PSP games I guess it was easier to keep it the same) and the screen is smaller. I do like the idea of not having to mess about with discs though. At the end of the day though, my PSP doesn't get much use so there's little point in buying this personally.

unless they are going to release games VASTLY cheaper then give me a reason to buy this umd-less psp? i love psp would buy this IF it had the umd drive or a 120GB harddrive (like ipod classic).

also looks very cramped & no 2nd stick? :oops::thumbsdow:thumbsdow:nono::nono:

Like others, i am slightly dissapointed with this as this is just another iteration of the psp. Plus downloaded games are far too expensive from the store make it a no go for me now

I'd like to see the Playstation and Playstation Portable become the same product with the PS4. The PSP2 (as we'll call it) could be a part of the PS4 and detatch for use away from the home and could also be used as an extra pad for the PS4. The PS4 could have a massive main memory (say a 4TB HDD) and you would then be able to download PS4 & PSP2 content to the PS4.

Then when you want to play on or watch the PSP2 you would transfer the content from the PS4 to the PSP2's internal memory (say 500gb flash memory) and take the device with you on the go.

Obviously we're talking maybe another 3 years down the line (hence the larger storage amounts than we currently enjoy as standard today).

Completely agree. It's what i want to do on the PS3 and PSP now. I'm always on my PS3, always watching movies, downloading content ect and the ease of use of hitting a button on the PS3 for content just being moved onto the PSP Go really appeals to me.

16GB Flash would be enough for me and this new PSP would also prompt me to buy more PS1 Classics. It's all down to the price of the PSP Games on the store but i'll leave that to SONY who may announce something new on that at E3.

Anyone else think they will release a digital version of a game say 4-6 weeks before the UMD Version?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom