Say Goodbye to Kid's TV as we knew it...

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BBC News - Children's programming comes to an end on BBC One

Blue Peter is dread awful now. It won't be long before it too does a Top of the Pops. Viewing figures will dwindle; Andi Peters will become involved; the axe will swing. Shame really. John Noakes better ensure he has adequate gravespace in which to freely rotate.

Mike.

Childrens programs do have two channels devoted to them on the BBC now, it's a fair move I'd say.

vader100 said:
Childrens programs do have two channels devoted to them on the BBC now, it's a fair move I'd say.

As well as ITV having their own dedicated channel too. 3 is more than enough.

to be fair, apart from the light relief of Simon Groom talking about a lovely set of knockers, imho Blue Peter was dreadful when I watched it in the 70s-80s when Biddy Baxter was still the boss ... at least a subsequent generation got Konnie Huq in a bikini

(not too sure if that last clip is from Blue Peter)

The best memory of Blue Peter for me is when they had that elephant on and we've all seen the chaos that happened then I'm sure!! I was watching it live at the time, pity we didn't have video recorders in those days. Awesome :laugh:

Blue Peter - elephant - YouTube

As was said by a stand up comedian years ago, you watch Blue Peter and it was "more school". Hopefully it has got better, I can't imagine modern kids being interested in it.

HMHB said:
The best memory of Blue Peter for me is when they had that elephant on and we've all seen the chaos that happened then I'm sure!! I was watching it live at the time, pity we didn't have video recorders in those days. Awesome :laugh:

Blue Peter - elephant - YouTube

Lmao.... That looks like something off an old Carry On film.

:laugh: Yes I know what you mean! That zoo keeper bloke looked like he was drunk to me!!

PMSL! Roared at the bit when he slid in the wee!

I said goodbye to childrens programmes many years ago, like most of us here, so no odds to me.

There's piles more childrens programming on now than there ever was in my day, so I don't think the young 'uns of today will go short.

Itv are having a weekend of old kids tv on 5/6 January, set PVR to record chaps.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom