1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

saw Whitesnake last night

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by manny, Oct 26, 2004.

1. manny

manny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    like the title says, i saw Whitesnake last night, in Belfast. coverdale might be 53 now, and he told us he's recently become a grandfather, but they're still pretty good! :clap: bizarrely, they started with Deep Purple's "Burn", with a little bit of "Stormbringer" in the middle. i know young David sang on the original but it still seems a bit odd to start a Whitesnake show with it. still, they put on a fine show, pretty near as energetic as the Darkness a couple of months ago. anyone else go to any of the shows on this tour?

2. braincapers

braincapers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw the mighty Snake at Hammersmith and they were fab. Burn is topical because it's just hads its 30 yr reissue on CD. Dead good it is too.

3. jonathan

jonathan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not seen them yet but although Burn is (as always) great to hear, Glenn Hughes' versions (with JJ Marsh) are apparently far more faithful to the original sound. Saw Glenn at Shepherds Bush Empire last year and Burn was the highlight of the night for me. Blew me away. Still seems a strange number for Whitesnake to open with though, unless Coverdale is feeling a bit of nostalgia for Mk.3 Purple when it was the default opener...........

4. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Saw them in 81 even though I was not a fan (still not) but had a good night. :thumbsup:

My mates were into anything Purple like PAL, Gillan, Hughes Thrall, Butterfly Ball etc. Most of it was a nightmare with the exception of Purple themselves, Rainbow on Stage and the 2 Tommy Bolin albums which I'd love to get on CD.

Anyone who can play SACD should get Machine Head which has the original Quad mix on it and the re-issued Made In Japan double CD :smashin:

I always got some relief when I could listen to some Rush, Beatles or Floyd :p

5. IanW

IanW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    You lucky :mad: I am so jealous. Whitesnake was the first concert that I went to. I saw them at Wembley Arena December 31st 1987 tour.

I heard that they were touring again, I was seriously tempted to see them again and drag along the wife. :clap: :smashin: :eek: Yes she has already been taken along to a Def Leppard concert in 1997 and loved it!

Ian.